Self Care and Love

by - Monday, February 17, 2020

Self Care and Love

Everyone deserves a little TLC. Here are some things I do, and ways you can give yourself something back.


Wake Up Earlier

When you wake yourself up, you're waking up to start your day. Rather than being forced to wake up to your day. Take a minute to prepare, meditate, stretch and then begin. 

Take Time to Get Ready

I always feel more confident and composed when I've taken the time to get ready. That means putting in the effort to do my makeup, my hair and styling myself. If I just run out the door in my pajamas, wearing my glasses and greasy hair, I don't have the same demeanor than if I just took the time to get ready. 

Make Time for Yourself

This is a must for me. Especially during naps, or at the end of the day when I put Ryan down. I need time to myself to reflect on the day, prepare for things for tomorrow, and just unwind. There's nothing wrong with asking for time for yourself...you deserve it!

Enjoy a Special Meal

Are you craving Chic-Fil-A? Dying for some Chipotle? Want to grill up some steaks? A treat for yourself every once in a while is what the doctor ordered. I've got a great recipe for slow-cooker chicken tacos that I'll post that would be a great idea to put some spice back in the menu if you'd rather stay home.

Exercise

Recently, I've made it priority to workout every day. I might only have 10 spare minutes where I can dedicate to it, but I make it a point to focus on that task. I want to be healthier and make myself stronger this year through diet and exercise. 💪 Surprisingly, I'm more motivated and less tired than when I would lounge during nap times, or take it easy all day. 

Try Something Creative 🎨

Whether this be arts and crafts, making a movie, staging a great family photo or playing music. When I've worked hard on a project, even if it doesn't turn out quite how I like, I can appreciate my work and feel proud of it. 

Drink Water

I cannot stress this enough. Your body needs to stay hydrated. It can really influence how you're feeling physically and mentally. If you can add one more thing to your day, let it be to drink an extra glass of water. (Unless you're already drinking a gallon, then you can ignore this) 😊

Let it Out

Need to talk? Have something on your mind? Don't bottle things up. Find a friend or family member, or journal to vent. Stressing about something in your life can eat away at you, so take the time to talk about something that might be bothering you.

Go to Bed to Sleep

I'm the worst at this. Which I need to be better about. But you should go to bed to sleep, not to watch your phone for hours, or play games, or binge-watch. Your mind will associate a good night's sleep if you don't immediately look at your screens while under the sheets. Instead, trying reading, making a To-Do List for tomorrow, or chatting with your partner about the day and your plans tomorrow. 




What do you do for Self Care?

You May Also Like

0 comments